Search This Blog

06 February 2009

a snowstorm paralyzes London / Peaches' kids snap into action

Click, probably gets bigger.

Like my growing-up town of Washington DC, London, England doesn't get very much snow very often. When London does get a significant snowfall, it tends to paralyze the human activities of the city, most activities grind to a halt or are cancelled. The city government doesn't own a fleet of snow plows, so auto traffic becomes impossible -- BBC showed one 30-mile backup on a major highway into London. According to the BBC, mass-transit trains to bring workers into the city also weren't working.

Schools also shut down. This is Peaches' house somewhere in London. Peaches has been having weekday mother-child bonding quality-time days with her children, because the schools closed.

As you can see, that was okay with her kids.

I am designating this snowman as My Birthday Snowman, 5 February was my birthday. S.W.M.B.O. bought me, among other things, a Betty Boop steering wheel cover to replace my beloved old Spongebob steering wheel cover.

I say the snowman's nose is a carrot, but maybe it's a turnip. I'll ask.

No comments: