Search This Blog

16 March 2007

leave Earth, ride a sightseeing helicopter above the surface of Mars

Click and good things will probably happen.

A still photograph of the Iani Chaos region of Mars taken in October 2004 by the High Resolution Stereo Camera aboard the European Space Agency's orbital probe Mars Express.

Do you have just a few minutes?
I'd love to take you completely off Planet Earth and show you an incredible movie -- you'll float above the surface of Another Planet, as if you were in a sightseeing helicopter over the Grand Canyon or Niagara Falls.


from the site:

This movie was produced using images from the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board [the European Space Agency's] Mars Express spacecraft. Its first part shows a simulated flight over the upper reaches of Ares Vallis, a large outflow channel on Mars, and parts of its source region, Iani Chaos.

I think I've seen movies like this on other blogs. Can I filch a movie like this and put it on Vleeptron? How do I do it? If you know how, Leave A Comment. I think it's another of my many PEBKAC problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueUOTImKp0k
just kidding, my Dad bought this one as a single when it came out, dont ask me why.but I heard it a lot as a kid. Me Dad doesnt even know who this guy is.

here is a really good one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ajsXzTFLYA

(silly thought: every time I hear the word Mars I have to think of The Misfits (the band, not the movie). i had to do a school project in 4th grade and have been hooked with this planet ever since..So I turned into a Martian...

baliski said...

i9r29c4a35 f0m44j2w59 i6t24c7x53 i8r35a6q30 g4v78u3k91 b1k46i6n97