Search This Blog

13 July 2010

Annals of Musical Beauty: big nasty dustup on f_minor about new f_minor Facebook page / Beating Altekakers in the Alley with aluminum baseball bat / Facebook Kills / So does Old Age, Wunderkind Sweetie

Click image.


wie gehts alligra salut ciao

also danke for Cheering Me Up on a day when a Gloom Cloud (see Joe Btfsplk above) hovers over me and i have the sensation of being pecked to death by ducks.

We spoke about Ducksaga some time ago ... did i tell you a Dansk lady on irc told me they all live in Anderby ... Goosetown ... Oyeville?

I could be anywhere in Scandinavia or Iceland and see a sign

ANDERBY --> 3km

and not get the joke.

(I wonder what the goofball put 3km down the dirt & gravel road.)

Nothing is Bad or Unhealthy. In fact this recent Duck Pecking mit Gloom was kick-started by a much bigger Very Good Thing.

They say that the most beautiful experience you can have with the lower mammals is sex with a porcupine.

But achieving the Magnificent, World-Shattering Climax ... on the Road to Bliss is some Very Tricky Foreplay.

Miranda really pissed me off. I don't care if she wears Facebook panties and Facebook bra. In the middle of her Off-Topic Drama Queen Performance, she went Off-Off-Topic to kick us Altekakers.

(a fave word of my father the Yiddishspracher -- is Altekaker the same or close to something auf deutsches?)

We Altekakers are sick, wheezy, exhausted, we have paid gazillions in taxes, we Served Honorably in the Army to defend Western Europe from Communism like Elvis during War under Universal Military Conscription ... 


And though very few adolescents know this -- it always comes as a surprise when I tell them -- their very existence on Earth, and in the 7-11 parking lot at 2:30 am smoking a phatty and drinking peppermint schnapps, is because two or more Altekakers got jiggy about 14 or 15 years earlier.

My guess is Miraaaanda is one of those Wunderkind Conservatory keyboardists, magnificent finger and footsie technique, but as she awaits her breasts and pubic hair, she also awaits a Soul, the little part of the Brain that understands the Beauty beyond the accurate glissando.

Jesus she pissed me off. After a hard day wrestling Chopin at the Conservatory, does she beat a Senior Citizen in an alley with an aluminum baseball bat just to vent her frustration about being clueless about what Mr. Chopin is trying to sing to her unborn heart?

She probably has a mother or a father or both. For convenience, she could start kicking them in their dentures around the house, she probably still lives there.

But the Best Secret I have to whisper into one of Miranda's tin ears is:

She will get to AARP_Land just as surely and just as fast as I got to AARP_Land.

... if she is not first killed in a horrible automobile accident caused by her Texting her 8,651 Friends that she is wearing her new Gucci shoes. If she Twits, what's that, i think max 144 ASCII characters. Maybe she squeezes off 87 before she sideswipes the school bus.

Anyway, a toast, Skol! to Miraaaaaanda's Growing Inexorably, Unstoppably, Irreversibly Older! A toast to her de-perkying! Viva her sagging! Go Cellulite! (It began irreversibly accumulating in her thighs and tuchas around age 19.) Vive la perte de sa forme! (<-- Robot job)

A toast to the day she tells her 19,688 closest friends on Facebook that she had her first Facelift!

When she finally arrives in Senior World, may the Adolescents in her Nachbarschaft kick her in the dentures for amusement.

Where are my Droogs when I need them?



* * *

A duck just called me on the cellphone, said he was standing outside the house, now I gtg to let him peck me.


1 Hour Later:

He was a Very Nice, Very Pleasant, Very Helpful Duck! (Not Gladstone Gander.)

Watch for New Post, I have Feelings about Glenn's Goldbergs. For people with Souls only.


=============
=============
=============
----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Merkin
To: Discussion of the Canadian pianist Glenn Gould.
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:55 AM
Subject: Re: [f_minor] "facebook"





People try to put us d-down
Talkin' 'bout my generation
Just because we get around
Talkin' 'bout my generation
Things they do look awful c-c-cold
Talkin' 'bout my generation
I hope I die before I get old
Talkin' 'bout my generation
-- Pete Townshend (born 1945)

Oboy, this is more fun than Hummists vs. Anti-Hummists.
I'd hoped to keep this just my shameful secret, but yeah, I'm an AARP member. My wife makes me ask for the motel discounts.

Miranda, your vigorous bigotry against the superannuated is charming, a breath of youthful fresh air. I hope you cling to it well into your sixties and seventies.

Is a reluctance to join social networking sites the new test for being a Luddite?
My brief daliance with Facebook got me a lovely post from one of my 2,690 friends, Brandi, an Internet sex worker. That's when I pulled the plug.
Rather than bash Facebook, I'd prefer to talk about the sense of comfort I've enjoyed on f_minor V.1 . Safety and privacy issues never once crossed my mind.
But this is the first I've heard that f_minor is also a Facebook page.


That is So Wicked Awesome.


But I think I'll pass, and stick with V.1 . I can handle a little rejection now and then, if that's the price I have to pay for the f_minor community I've grown used to.

Geezer Bob

* * *

Rockin' Chair
Hoagy Carmichael (1929)

Old rockin' chair's got me
my cane by my side
fetch me that gin, son
'fore I tan your hide

can't get from this cabin,
I ain't goin' nowhere
just settin' here grabbin'
at the flies round this rockin' chair

My dear old Aunt Harriet
up in Heaven she be
send me sweet chariot
for the end of the trouble I see

Old rockin' chair gets it
Judgment Day is here
I'm just chained to my rockin' chair

* * *

The Guardian (UK)
Monday 8 March 2010

Facebook murderer who posed
as teenager to lure victim
jailed for life

Peter Chapman, who lured 17-year-old Ashleigh Hall with a fake internet profile, had history of sex offences

by Helen Carter

A serial sex offender was today sentenced to life in prison after he admitted kidnapping, raping and murdering a teenager whom he ensnared using a fake profile on Facebook.

Peter Chapman was told he must serve at least 35 years in prison by judge Peter Fox today, following the killing of Ashleigh Hall, who was 17.
The judge said he was "a very great danger to young women, and for what it is worth, I cannot foresee your release".
Sentencing him at Teesside crown court, the judge said Chapman had been the architect of "an evil scheme, very carefully brought, and with considerable detail, to trap your victim".

The killer had claimed to be a handsome teenager and used the profile to lure the teenager into meeting him after he befriended her through Facebook.

In reality, he was an emaciated, 33-year-old convicted double rapist, who was almost toothless and living in his car.

Graham Reeds QC, for the prosecution, told the court Chapman had claimed to be called DJ Pete or Pete Cartwright.

"The photograph is not of him. It is of a barechested and good-looking boy, who is apparently in his late teens."

Chapman was, in fact, "a somewhat plainer-looking man who could pass for being rather older than his 33 years. When she met him on 25 October last year, he kidnapped, raped and murdered her."
The prosecutor described how the teenager suffered from low-esteem.

The night before Ashleigh's body was found, she had told her mother she was going to stay with a friend.

In order to entice her into his car, Chapman sent her a text message saying the boy's father would pick her up. He texted her to say: "My Dad's on his way, babe."

She replied: "He's here, babe." Once in the car, he attacked her.
Ashleigh's body was found dumped in a farmer's field near Sedgefield, County Durham, in October. Her arms were bound and tape was put over her face, suffocating her to death.
Chapman was arrested by chance in a separate police inquiry after a nationwide alert went out to trace his car after he had failed to comply with the requirements of his sex offenders' registration. During initial interviews he told police they could "crush his car". He later lost his nerve and confessed to murder.
Seen on CCTV at Middlesbrough police station, he tells a custody officer: "I killed someone last night. I need to tell somebody from CID where the body is. It hasn't been reported yet."
Detective Inspector Mick Callan, head of Durham police's major crime team, said: "The truth is he is a predatory sex offender who, through the tentacles of the internet, could reach out to the young and the vulnerable.
"He knows full well that using his real name and picture would not grab the attention of any young woman for a moment. But by using the picture of a good-looking young man as a cover he has woven a web of attraction and deceit that has sadly had a murderous ending."

Chapman, who was brought up by his grandparents in Stockton-on-Tees, has a history of sexual offending. He was the subject of several sexual assault investigations, beginning when he was 15. Four years later, in 1996, he received a seven-year prison sentence for raping two prostitutes at knifepoint during separate incidents and was released in 2001.
The following year Cheshire police questioned him over the rape and kidnap of a prostitute in Ellesmere Port. The case was discontinued.
Speaking outside court Andrea Hall, Ashleigh's mother, said the authorities should have done more to monitor Chapman's whereabouts after his release from prison. "They are the sort of people who should be tagged and they should be kept an eye on all the time. They shouldn't be allowed out into society anyway."
Mrs Hall, 39, also said it was wrong that Chapman, as a registered sex offender, was able to post online as a teenage boy.
"He took somebody else's photo and put it on the internet and has been posing behind this photo. It is awful to think that there's actually a boy out there and he is using his photo to prey on young girls."
Mrs Hall, who has three other daughters, said she was powerless to stop Ashleigh going out on the night she met Chapman. "What could I have done?" she asked. "She was 17. You don't stop your kids from going out."
She recalled the horror of hearing a police officer answer her daughter's phone, having attempted to contact her mobile on 30 occasions. She said: "I could understand it if Ashleigh had died because of illness but to actually have someone take someone's life is just unbearable."

- 30 -
================
================
----- Original Message -----
From: Miranda C*********
To: f_minor@glenngould.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:04 AM
Subject: Re: [f_minor] "facebook"


Ms. J*****, how old are you?  Your opinion of Facebook reminds me of numerous AARP members who over the years have vocalized their disdain for whatever new form of technology has flooded market.  I happen to like Facebook.  It's a technological trend that I am embracing and using to my advantage.  I'm just curious if you thought everyone would agree with you because this forum is supposed to be a group of serious intellectuals who look down upon childish trends, or if you were looking to pick a fight with an ignorant Rock 'n Roll Gould fan such as myself?  Oh well, never mind, after all this is a Glenn Gould forum, not a technology forum, and as we all know, GG had absolutely no interest in stupid technological trends...

Miranda C*********

P.S. If you are so paranoid about privacy don't put anything on the internet you don't want anyone to know about. 
If you are worried about being part of the 'mass hypnosis' delete all your internet accounts and donate your computer and cell phone to charity.

--------------------------------------------
From: maryellenj
To: f_minor@glenngould.org
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 01:53:12 +0200
Subject: [f_minor] "facebook"


Dear Dominico Scarlatti; absolutely nothing personal intended. Don't get your knickers in such a twist over my honest comments. I have yet to see anyone willing to confront a firing squad in defence of 'Facebook' and I hope I never will ...

Mary J*****
==========
----- Original Message -----
From: Peter C. van W***
To: Discussion of the Canadian pianist Glenn Gould.
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [f_minor] "facebook"


you two please take this very interesting discussion and media analysis of facebook off list, please?

On 2010-07-12, at 8:08 PM, SCARLATTI@aol.com wrote:

nor I, however I thought you were directing your email to me as I did not see anyone else's email address & wondered what  prompted this.

scarlatti

In a message dated 7/12/2010 4:53:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, maryellenj writes:

Dear Dominico Scarlatti; absolutely nothing personal intended. Don't get your knickers in such a twist over my honest comments. I have yet to see anyone willing to confront a firing squad in defence of 'Facebook' and I hope I never will ...

Mary J*****


8 comments:

PatFromCH said...

The Altekaker thing is more or less the same in german, just spelled a bit differen
SPOILER, RUDE LINGO: In german it would be "alter Kacker", the first word meaning old, the second deriving from a word used in german for human waste (Kacke). you can see the mechanis at work in the progression from i.e. toss to tosser (kacke to kacker).
As for Miranda, there will always be people who embrace new things without questioning certain consequences and accept things as they are. Just wait till someone installs CCTV in her street, she will be the first to howl in rage. Gorra be a BIT paranoid these days....

Vleeptron Dude said...

oh yes, Dad always pronounced Altekaker with a sneer that suggested its meaning had an excremental dimension. He was speaking in Secret Code, but the kids decoded it well enough.

giggle somebody found Miranda's MySpace page and FaceBook page, I will send EYES ONLY e-mail with results.

Not Miranda; that bitch. said...

Miranda should take some time to consider her privacy settings. Here's what I discovered:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwxCku5M6wg

PatFromCH said...

IF this is REALLY her then she made a very verry big fool out of herself hehehehe.

Vleeptron Dude said...

O Herr Lieber Gott if you truly exist

MAKE IT STOP

she's a meiskeit. Don't click Fullscreen, whatever you do!

I had no idea YouTube permitted such things to be seen and heard. Truly this is one of the Signs that the Apocalypse is nigh.

patfromch said...

Ooookay, the internet grants you the freedom to do whatever you want to say, hov much of your self you want to give away etc. That is up to each and every individual able to think of further consequences (public office etc). That is not to be scoffed at, rarely had we such freedom to expres ourselves and we must defend this right, even if that goes for people with limited talent. IF this REALLY is her..If you want to be found on the internet you will be found by the rest of the internet.

Vleeptron Dude said...

I've done a lot of bad things in my life, a lot of things I'm really ashamed of.

But I've never videotaped myself doing them.

patfromch said...

Agreed.
You can do whatever you want to do.
But don't get taped.
And if you do get taped, make sure the tape won't end up on the Internet. Golden Media Rule du jour.