Search This Blog

25 April 2017

midnight appointment at Bahnhof Zoo / Top 5 Ways I grudgingly agree to die or perish / My Robot has no Soul


Fresh off the fire. Cheap. 

Professor Abel --


At school I studied Latin, so I could talk to Dead People and the Pope. I am good with languages, but I speak only the dialect eisenbahnwurstdeutsche. (This is sufficient for me to have many wonderful times in DE.)

Aber bitte was ist

Du bist der geliebte Mensch.

My dim acquaintance with deutsches, and my Robot, say:

You are the beloved person

... but my Robot has neither poetry nor familiarity with human meaning and social nuance.I am a Failed Poet, so I would say

You are beloved

or

You're a beloved guy

or maybe someone is trying to say

I like you a lot

But under what circumstances does a real deutschespracher say this? Is it an informal or sidewalk greeting, or is it a deeply felt expression of great love for the person to whom you say this?

Or is it famous from Literatur? If so, who wrote it?

Thank you for any nuance or context you can supply. My geliebte (danke fur diese Werde) Internet Relay Chat is kaput for the last year, IRC is where I go to ask Indo-European or Finno-Ugrik questions of nuance and context. You can get Icelandic questions answered in a minute on IRC, also Suomi is no problem.
In Berlin I make midnight pilgrimages to Bahnhof Zoo, they got hot Wurst, all varieties, 24/7. If we must all die, this is one of my Top 5 ways to go, I shall have died eating hot Wurst at Berlin Bahnhof Zoo at midnight. (Another on Top List is same sort of death, but at Plaza Garibaldi's 200 family food stalls in Mexico City -- also 24/7, free bonus mariachi bands.)
I am an amateur lurker on Coq-Club.

Yours,

Bob Merkin
 

Chesterfield Massachusetts USA

P.S. The Wassa -- unglaublich!

P.P.S. This is NOT a job inquiry -- but I can fantasize about being a CS lecturer for a few years in Gothenburg, where is the harm? Do you know what Queen Christina did to Descartes in Stokholm in February at 04:00 every morning? (Later she said she was sorry.)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Abel" <abela@chalmers.se>
To: "coq-club" <coq-club@inria.fr>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:43 AM
Subject: [Coq-Club] Senior Lectureships in Computer Science at Chalmers and Gothenburg U

> We are hiring full-time permanent lecturers!
>
>
>
http://www.chalmers.se/en/about-chalmers/vacancies/Pages/default.aspx?rmpage=job&rmjob=4987
>
>
>
http://www.gu.se/english/about_the_university/job-opportunities/vacancies-details/?id=381
>
> The positions are focusing on teaching, but some time will be available
> for research as well.
>
> Excerpt from the description:
>
>   Major responsibilities
>
>   The scientific area is Computer Science, interpreted broadly. The
> position is a full-time tenured appointment with focus on education and
> pedagogical development.
>
>   You will teach a variety of topics in Computer Science; there may
> include courses such as programming, data structures, algorithms and
> databases. You will also supervise bachelor level projects and master’s
> theses. Besides teaching, you will keep up with the technical and
> pedagogical development in the areas of the position and introduce new
> methods in the curriculum.
>
>   As a faculty member you will share the responsibility of the
> administration and management of the department and the educational
> programmes.
>
>   You will collaborate with industrial, academic or governmental
> partners, and take part in the research conducted at the department. In
> addition, you are encouraged to apply for funding of further pedagogical
> advancement of our programmes, and for research funding.
>
>
> --
> Andreas Abel  <><      Du bist der geliebte Mensch.
>
> Department of Computer Science and Engineering
> Chalmers and Gothenburg University, Sweden

No comments: