Search This Blog

02 April 2012

the sweetest thing I've ever done was sleeping out amongst the pines but the thing that hurt me most of all was getting paula charles off my mind

speakers: ON 
right-click: OPEN IN NEW TAB
from the album "Human Fly" 
by The Horseflies
music & vocal: Jeff Claus
lyrics: Frank Covington & Jeff Claus
fiddle: Judy Hyman
* * *
I used to think that life was hard
with troubles all around
but I never knew what trouble was
till my darling threw me down
I've never worked for pleasure
peace on earth I cannot find
the only thing I surely own
is a worried and troubled mind
the sweetest thing I've ever done
Was sleeping out amongst the pines
but the thing that hurt me most of all
was getting paula charles off my mind
my pockets are all empty now
like they've often been before
I will never reach my home again
or walk these streets no more
if the pain and sorrow don't kill me
there's one more plan of mine
I will drink some old rub alcohol
get these troubles off my mind
I'm standing at the river's edge
with no one by my side
the river's fast the river's deep
but worst the river's wide

No comments: