Search This Blog

21 November 2007

Mitt Romney sux the hairy wazoo / reply about the nasty push-polling / Giuliani in the Conservatory with the Lead Pipe

Jeff Fuller is a Louisiana (I think) opthalmologist who, with a dedicated band of like-minded bloggers, is vigorously pushing the presidential candidacy of Mitt Romney (Eeeek!), particularly in the key early battles in New Hampshire and Iowa. He left a Comment on my post about the ugly anti-Romney push-polling. I'm sincerely grateful for that; makes a Vleeptroid feel his coverage of the Hair and Teeth Campaign 2008 is noticed and might even have some pursuasive influence on this protracted never-ending supershallow psycho clown circus.

One of these days I'll post some stuff about LASIK surgery, which is advertised all over TV as the Miracle Wonder Cure for your out-of-focus eyeballs. Until then, if you're thinking of getting LASIK (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis)
surgery -- DON'T DO IT!!! Spend your money on a giant flat-screen hi-def TV instead.

==============

Yo Dr. Jeff --

Man, you're a hard dude to track down. Gotcha! (I think.)

On re-reading your Comment to my Vleeptron blog, I perceive a hint that you thought my post was finger-pointing at Romney, and that you felt it necessary to come galloping to Romney's defense.

Nope, the news articles had made it clear that Romney was the victim of the nasty push-polling, clearly not the instigator. So, yup, I don't like Romney (I live in Massachusetts, actually in its most liberal, progressive pocket), but no, my standards don't permit me to reach into a hazy situation of political anonymous dirty tricks and point fingers at whichever candidate I like the least. (Personally I think it was Giuliani in the Conservatory with the Lead Pipe.)

The original part of my post was just an informal historical and legal survey about a rather sad thing -- that creepy crap like this has always been endemic in American politics, and even sanctioned by both conservative and liberal Supreme Courts.

Now that I think about it, it was really rather remarkable that Nixon's Watergate dirty tricks rose to the level of actual federal felonies. (I guess burglaries and kidnapping schemes sort of cross the line even in American politics.)

The rest of my post was just an expression of personal disgust at the increasingly vile nature of the "professionals" whom the candidates hire in Campaign 2008. I suppose there are Americans I respect who can sing a paean to Fierce Competition as a great thing about America and its politics. But actually when Competition in politics gets out of control, I feel

1. We're all permitting huge damage to the developing personalities of kids; adults simply should be constrained from putting on this kind of grotesque show where young people can see it and draw conclusions from it, and

2. We risk contaminating and degenerating the original American vision of free and fair elections . Two more cycles like the way this one is shaping up, and American presidential elections will be indistinguishable from the "democratic elections" that Ferdinand Marcos perverted to hang on to perpetual power. And America will lose all its credibility as a champion and advocate for authentic democracy and free elections throughout the world. Our President. whoever that may be, will make grand speeches about spreading democracy throughout the world, and the world will roll around on the floor laughing at the emptiness and disengenuity of his/her words.

And now, my original and sincerely grateful reply to your Vleeptron comment. It's underneath your Comment, but I felt the whole subject was so important that I wanted to make sure I got it to you -- wherever the heck you are.

===============

Thanks, sincerely, very much, for dropping by Vleeptron with your comment about the nasty push-polling in Iowa and New Hampshire. Whoever's responsible -- candidate and push-pollers -- I hope they all wind up with felony convictions and prison sentences. (I know a lovely federal prison without fences or armed guards where the prisoners take care of wildlife in the forest.)

I am as admittedly a lefty (please don't confuse that as being a Democrat) as you and your blogs are admittedly pro-Romney, and I was particularly unhappy with Romney's campaign for and performance as Massachusetts (my state) governor. I believe no one in public office or politics today is as Hair and Teeth, and as lacking in substance, commitment or vision, as Mitt Romney.

Well, that's okay, the woods are filled with Hair and Teeth politicians from both major parties.

But I'm an Army veteran of the Vietnam war era, and his remarks about why his sons are doing more valuable work for America by assisting his campaign than serving and risking in the military during two major wars in Asia -- I found them personally insulting, and an elitist pissing on the young Americans who have found themselves pushed into the military because of rather hopeless economic civilian circumstances.

I wish just one of his boys -- like the Kennedy boys in World War Two, and Nixon's and Johnson's sons-in-law, and like the wealthy young Al Gore during Vietnam -- had the brains and guts to say, "Dad, I'm joining up to serve."

Leaders and their kids need to share the risk, particularly those leaders who think these ghastly new wars are necessary for America.

(I don't, I'll be voting for Paul or Kucinich at every opportunity.)

I'm a Jew, and kicking off his campaign at the Henry Ford Museum -- it wasn't anti-semitic. It was worse. It was proof that he's collected a staff, led by himself, who knows nothing about the rather public and infamous history of Henry Ford and American Jews. That Romney comes from a Detroit automobile family himself makes his cluelessness positively incredible and dangerous -- what cave in his Dad's mansion could he have been hiding in? I just don't want someone that stupid and ignorant in the White House.

Haven't meant to piss you off, and I truly appreciate your contribution to Vleeptron's coverage of this miserable, nasty, almost hopeless Hair and Teeth campaign. Please do it again.

Also thanks for being an opthalmologist, try to stay out of the LASIK racket. America's eyeballs just don't need that kind of greedy, medically useless and dangerous crap.

Bob Merkin

US Army 1969-1971 (I had Al Gore's same Army job!)

Northampton Massachusetts

=========

Jeff Fuller said...

It turns out that all those pointing to Mitt and/or his chief adviser (Gage) are already ending up with plenty of egg on their faces.

The "ROmney did it" theory doesn't even pass the smell test, and NRO and RedState sure have some "splainin" to do on this one.

http://iowansforromney.blogspot.com/2007/11/anti-romneyanti-mormon-push-polling-and.html
Tuesday, 20 November, 2007

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i loved this dolabuy you could try these out Prada Dolabuy Read Full Article Dolabuy Celine

dateceth said...

x1h38q0x63 i9y30x9t28 d6t72f0q16 u9k48x5u69 x0x86e3z51 w3f92d6z46