Search This Blog

22 May 2009

"Ooh my feet! / my poor poor feet" -- Frank Loesser, The Most Happy Fella

Click, probably gets bigger.

Shepherd's Flock is a cottage industry in Townshend, Vermont USA that manufactures all kinds of wonderful products from sheep, like

Genuine Shearling Slippers
Mittens, Hats, Ear Muffs

My poor aching feet and I sincerely believe these are the most comfortable, warmest slippers in the Solar System. S.W.M.B.O. buys them for me when she runs into the guy at her Sheep & Wool country fairs.

So my feet sent him a shoutout:

*+*+*+*

Hi Shepherd's Flock!

I got lousy diabetic feet and I need to pamper and please them and keep them as comfy as possible.

My wife's a spinner and knitter and has bought me two pairs of your wonderful slippers!

My feet just wanted to say ...

===========

Ooh my feet! My poor, poor feet!

from the musical comedy/opera The Most Happy Fella
by Frank Loesser


Ooh my feet! My poor, poor feet!
Betcha your life a waitress earns her pay
I've been on my feet, my poor, poor feet
All day long today.

Oooh my toes! My poor, poor toes!
How can I give the service with the smile
When I'm on my toes, my poor, poor toes
Mile after mile after mile after mile
After mile?

This little piggy's only broken
This little piggy's on the bum
This little piggy's in the middle
Consequently, absolutely numb.
This little piggy
Feels the weight of the plate
Though the freights
Just an order of melba toast
And this little piggy
Is the littlest little piggy
But the big son-of-a-bitch
Hurts the most!

Ooooh my feet! My poor, poor feet!
Betcha your life a waitress earns her pay
I've been on my feet, my poor, poor feet
All day long today.

Doing my blue plate special ballet

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks and happy feet,
Rick

Vleeptron Dude said...

You are very welcome, Rick -- and a Merry Christmas, a gorgeous Solstice (winter or summer, your choice), Happy Hanukkah, a great New Year, and all that Good Stuff!

Vleeptron Dude said...

Okay Rick who are you what are you where are you, you got feet troubles or were you Googling "Most Happy Fella" or Frank Loesser?

Or do you Bing? What up with Bing?

"Ooh my feet! My poor poor feet!" is the opening curtain-rising number of "Most Happy Fella," introducing the middle-aged burned out waitress doing her endless foot-torturing chores in her diner. She agrees to accept a marriage proposal from a rich and much older rancher. "Most Happy Fella" won the Pulitzer Prize for music or drama, I forget which category. It's quite an extraordinary music story, catch it if anybody's doing it live within 100 miles of you -- you need that in kilometers?

Well do tell us a bit about yourself. In fact rip open the core of your soul to us. This is Planet Vleeptron, in the Dwingeloo-2 Galaxy, where all sentients just spontaneously gush and spew personal information. We don't need to know your apartment number, but Latitude and Longitude, or nearest Rail Stop, would be nice. (I like trigonometry and I like trains and subways.)

That sheep company really does make super super comfy warm slippers.

It's Christmas Day and I just wrapped my presents for S.W.M.B.O. (She Who Must Be Obeyed) and her Sister. Wrapping presents gives me an anxiety attack and sometimes makes me puke and scream with frustration.

Unknown said...

I made the slippers. :)Found your post when I was looking for people who had mentioned/linked back to us. Setting up a Facebook Fans page so, if you don't mind, I might mention you.

Vleeptron Dude said...

Wow Rick! YOU MADE MY SLIPPERS! Super Fantastic! At the fabric craft fairs my wife drags me to, I belong to the subset called Pack Husbands -- my skill is to schlep all my wife's heavy crap from the car to the fair.

PLEASE use my Happy Feet Thank You Card! My feet are truly grateful!

And here was my shoutout of gratitude to the Iceland people who sold me my Icelandic wool winter mittens and cap:

http://vleeptronz.blogspot.com/2008/11/bob-sends-takk-card-for-his-new-wool.html

Unknown said...

I know all about the sub set. :-) But, we have been doing these shows for years and there is real quality stuff available. We both have lots of nice warm goodies that we buy up on the second day (after we have made some money). Beats the crap out of Wal Mart, Target, Macy's, and a whole lot less expensive than Neiman Marcus.

Enjoy, we just try to make folks happy and keep them warm. A very simple philosophy.

Vleeptron Dude said...

You *might* think about taking a cheap little ad in magazines for diabetics. Diabetics' feet are the first things to Go South and scream for warmth and comfort -- which your slippers do wonderfully!

Hope you had a great Holiday Season, and the best and Happiest New Year ahead.

Unknown said...

Actually, we don't need to. There are a variety of sites that speak to what we can do and, since it is so hard to "buy off the shelf" for a lot of folks, they eventually gravitate to us anyway.
And, we have to keep business at a reasonable level. :-)
Introduce yourself next time you are schlepping. Rick will remember you.

Vleeptron Dude said...

What shows have you scheduled for New England for this spring-summer-fall? My feet and I would be delighted to meet you.

Anonymous said...

http://www.shepherdsflock.com/showfram.html

www.muebleslarioja.muebles.cn said...

This will not really have effect, I consider like this.

site said...

The chap is completely right, and there's no skepticism.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com