Search This Blog

25 July 2007

too late for the kosher pizza, but he's fasting for Tisha b'Av anyway

e-mail from my old Army buddy who lives in the USA state shaped like the palm of the human right hand. He didn't even have to use Hoogle (Hebrew Google? or maybe Choogle, where the Ch is the gutteral sound, like Channukah) or send the image to Shlomo in Haifa. He had an authentic Hebrew/Ivrit Scholar a few meters down the hall.

I gotta run to downtown QualityOfLifeVille in a few minutes, but I will have more to say about Tisha b'Av when I get back. I don't think you're supposed to say "Happy Tish b'Av," that's like saying "Happy Anniversary of the Titanic Sinking." But uhhh Vleeptron wishes everybody Sentiments Appropriate for Tisha b'Av.

DespicableTeacher from Portugal always used to remind me of all the Jewish holidays I perpetually forget, but I think she's mad at me this season. So thanks, Steve, for reminding me of Tisha b'Av!

I think I might also have a few things to say about Evil in general. People think this blog is Silly and Unimportant. Well, it's not. So there. The #(%&#($&#($ BBC World Service telephoned last week FOR THE FOURTH TIME and wanted to know what Bob of Vleeptron had to say about Something Important. The BBC is neither silly nor unimportant, even if they did screw up the thing with the Queen and have to make an on-air official apology to her a few weeks ago. These things happen.

Anyway, stick around, Vleeptron gonna rap about EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Which, the Huckleberry Finn of World Jewry is pleased to inform you, is
רשע b'Ivrit. I got it straight from Mike and the guy from the USA state shaped like the palm of the human right hand.

btw, if you want to drive yourself totally meshugineh, try copying and pasting and editing Hebrew text for a few minutes.

===========


Bob,

OK . . . I'm not fast enough or I don't care enough about the Kosher pizza slice but my in office expert on all thing Jewish got the answer for me.

See the following.

Cheers,
Ron

=============

It says, "Dr. Rasha."

Rasha is Hebrew for "Evil."

Hence: Dr. Evil.

The movie would be: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

No pizza for me, today, because it's Tisha B'Av, and I'm fasting.

Steve Klein
it manager

No comments: